- Laparoscopic (Keyhole) hernia surgery, mesh free hernia repair
- Complex abdominal reconstruction, recurrent hernia surgery
- Treatment for haemorrhoids, rectal bleeding, fistula and fissures
- Banding, Rafaelo, HALO procedures for haemorrhoids and botox for anal pain
- Colonoscopy, complex polypectomy, therapeutic and screening colonoscopy
- Colorectal cancer diagnosis and staging
- Laparoscopic (Keyhole) surgery for bowel cancer
- Surgery for pelvic endometriosis with bowel involvement
- Surgery for Crohn’s and colitis including ileo-anal pouch
Mr Pasha Nisar FRCS, is the Specialty Lead and Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon at Ashford & St Peter’s NHS Trust, Chertsey. He is also the Lead Clinician for colorectal cancer and inflammatory bowel disease surgery. An expert in keyhole surgery, he performed the Trust’s first single incision ‘scarless’ operation for colon cancer and the first artificial sphincter implant. He leads the development of the Trust’s robotic surgery programme.
Mr Nisar is the Lead Consultant for Endoscopy at Princess Margaret Hospital, Windsor and Founder of the Colorectal Research Programme at Royal Holloway, University of London, where he supervises PhD studies on colon cancer genetic biomarkers.
Mr Nisar grew up in Sunningdale and graduated in medicine from Trinity College, Cambridge University in 1998. He was awarded a Doctorate from The University of Nottingham for his thesis in haemorrhoids and pelvic floor surgery at the Academic Surgical Unit.
Mr Nisar’s specialist surgical training in endoscopy, laparoscopic, colorectal and hernia surgery was completed in the London Deanery – including St George’s, Frimley Park, Royal Surrey Hospitals. He then undertook a colorectal surgery fellowship for one year at the internationally renowned Digestive Disease Institute, Cleveland Clinic USA. Mr Nisar is a high volume laparoscopic surgeon with in depth experience encompassing all aspects of colorectal disease, colorectal surgery and hernia repair. He is an expert in minimally invasive surgery and enhanced recovery.
MA (Cantab), MB BChir, Doctorate of Medicine, FRCS (GenSurg)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain & Ireland
- European Society of Coloproctology
- Section of Coloproctology, Royal Society of Medicine
- Chairman and Lead Clinician for colorectal cancer ASPH
- Lead Surgeon for inflammatory bowel disease ASPH
- National Institute for Health Research Lead for Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Recipient of the ‘Global Health and Pharma Colorectal Surgeon of the Year’, awarded 2019
- Founder of PhD research in cancer genetics with Royal Holloway, University of London
- Lead Consultant for Endoscopy at Princess Margret Hospital, Windsor
- Alumni Cleveland Clinic Foundation USA
- UK representative expert at international oncology fora including the American College of Surgeons
- Published author of over 50 articles in national and international medical journals
Sports, music, literature and travel.